Your Free Book Bundle
*These books are free to download for UK and USA subscribers.
Please check to see if these are free in your country before downloading.
Download Cheap Books from Amazon – No Kindle Needed.
If you love the idea of being able to leave your heavy paperbacks at home whilst still enjoying a wonderful reading experience via an e-book, but don’t actually own an Amazon Kindle device, then worry not.
Since March of 2009 Amazon has given its users the ability to read their favourite books anywhere in the world, on any device, via the launch of the free Kindle app. The app supports Windows, Mac, Android, iOS devices.
With the built in Amazon “whispersync” technology, it allows users to maintain a continuous reading experience across their laptop, desktop and mobile devices, without the need to page through the story in order to find their place they last left off from.
So simply follow the instructions below to get started.
How to Download the Free Kindle Reading App to your Device.
Kindle for PC
The Kindle for PC App can be used on any computer running Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1, or Windows 10 in Desktop Mode.
To download and install the Kindle for PC App:
- Go to Kindle for PC. If prompted, choose the option to save the file to your computer.
- Click Download for PC & Mac.
- Once the download completes, follow the on-screen installation instructions.
Kindle for Mac
Kindle for Mac can be used on any Apple Mac computer running OS X 10.10 or higher.
To download and install the Kindle for Mac app:
- Go to Kindle for Mac.
- Click Download for PC & Mac.
- After the download completes, follow the on-screen installation instructions.
Kindle for Android
The latest version of the Kindle for Android app can be installed on Android devices running OS 4.4 or higher. Devices running Android OS 4.3 or lower get an option to download the last compatible version from the Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore. Android devices that do not have the Google Play Store preinstalled may not be supported.
To download and install Kindle for Android from your device:
- From the Google Play app search “Kindle.”
- In the search results, tap the Kindle icon.
- Tap Install to download and install Kindle for Android.
Kindle for iOS
The latest version of the Kindle for iOS app can be used on iOS devices running iOS 11.0 or higher. If your device is running an earlier iOS version, you have the option of downloading the latest compatible version of the Kindle reading app.
To download and install Kindle for iOS from your device:
- From your device, tap the App Store icon.
- In the search box, type “Kindle.”
- From the search results, tap the Kindle icon.
- Tap the Get button to download and install Kindle for iOS.
Buying Kindle Books
Now that you have set up your device with the relevant version of the Kindle app you can purchase Kindle books at any time using your web browser. Simply visit Kindle Store to start browsing.
To purchase Kindle books using your reading app:
- Tap the Store tab or Shop in Kindle Store.
- Browse or search for the Kindle titles you want to read.
- Select Buy Now.
Note: In-app purchases are not supported for Kindle for iOS.
After you buy a Kindle book, companion audiobook, or periodical, the title is saved to the Cloud. Titles you’ve purchased can be accessed from Manage Your Content and Devices. *You will have to log in to your Amazon account for this.
Downloading Kindle Books
To send ebooks you’ve already purchased to your device:
- Visit Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Select Your Content.
- Select the title, and then click Deliver to Default Device (or) Others.
- On the pop-up window, select the device or app from the drop-down menu if prompted.
- Select Deliver. Your content is automatically delivered to your device or reading app once it’s connected to a wireless network.
If, after all of this, you’re still not convinced that reading on your mobile device will be the best experience, well then, why not go and purchase yourself and brand new Kindle Fire or Kindle paperwhite?